Friday, August 1, 2008

Never too tired for cupcakes...



On the day that we left my sisters I kind of lost track of time. I wasn't sure that I wanted to leave that day or stay a little longer or which direction I wanted to head from there for that matter. I had planned on leaving around naptime so the kids would sleep in the car. But, naptime came and went and we still hadn't left. Finally I was to the point of loading the car and I opened all the doors to the car to let the hot air out before I loaded the kids. Gabe, seeing an opportunity, had followed me out and was playing in the car, which he's not usually allowed to do. I went back inside to finalize my leaving (you know, grab the water bottles, do a quick sweep to make sure we didn't forget anything, and start the goodbyes) and realized that he was still out there so I went out to check on him. When I first walked out the door and didn't see his blonde head in the car I started to worry and pictured myself on the 6 o'clock news, but as I walked by the car I looked in and found the above sight. He had found the last of the cupcakes from his birthday and pryed open the container and started in on one just prior to falling asleep. The rest of the cupcakes were tipped over on the floor (as you can see in the picture) and he was asleep with the cupcake still pressed to his face... silly boy. We all had a good laugh peeking in at him though.

2 comments:

Julie said...

well this says it all, what would we do with out Gabe in our lives, he is just the cutest!

The Price Family said...

So cute! Your little family is adorable. You are a great mom... and I had no idea Gabe was two months early..Scary