Monday, July 14, 2008

War Paint!

As I was sitting on the steps watching the kids play and talking with Julie, Shayne approached me with a wet piece of chalk. Before I knew it I was her art project. She was so cute with her compliments and her praise as she colored on me, saying things like "your doing good, mom" and "you look so beautiful" and "almost done...". I just couldn't help but let her finish. After She was done with me I volunteered her to work on Julie. She returned to my face at one point making it darker and bigger then her original lines hence the reason my face is way blue-er than Julie's. We decided that it was war paint and we kept it on for several hours after that. Thanks, Shayne for my beautiful face. :)







As we posed for the picture I realized that Shayne was in it as our artist, Julie and I had our faces painted but Payton didn't quite fit... so I borrowed shayne's chalk and helped him fit in a little.

2 comments:

Julie said...

She can paint my face anytime, she is so much fun...i love hearing her say your doing good mom in her little voice! too cute.

Athack77 said...

What a fun memory. I love the happy face, too cute!

Oh which memory to share about you? I have so many to chose from. Ya know if it wasn;t for your family, I don't think I would've survived Etna. I remember watching you grow all through highschool. You always knew how to have a good time so I love ebing around you. You always felt more like a sister to me and I loved watching your tremendou compassion for others. Your were more spiritualy mature that so many others around you, your age and I loved seeing the conviction you had. I knew that no matter what life handed you, you would be able to deal with it because of the love of the Lord that you had and still do. It's kind of ironic isn't it? I remember my heart breaking when you would doubt yourself and wonderful if you were beautiful and a good person. When you dad would get after you for anything, I always felt so protective of you and wnated to make sure he knew he could'nt get away with some of his behavior. Thankfully, Caroline and I seem to be the only 2 who can get away with telling your dad things he needs to hear but can't take from anyone else. To know you is to love and adore you! You should come down and visit me next week since Chris will be out of town Mon-Thur, we can go tping again!!