Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Camping with the McKay Family

Last weekend we went camping with my sister, Noelle and her family. It turned out to be quite an adventure. We left late Friday afternoon to head to cottonwood canyon on the east side of Salt Lake but when we got up in the canyon, all their campsites were full. So we discussed it and decided to try a place that Travis, my brother in law, had camped at before. It was halarious. We went from the east side to way, way out on the west side. We finally set up camp and got a fire going for hotdogs and marshmellos at around 8 or 8:30pm. On top of our late evening the dirt there was the way dark, super powdery stuff. The kind that gets in and on everything without effort. We were all coated after about 5min there, so I'm sure that we ate a ton of it cause there was just no escaping it. But despite all the set backs we had a great time. In fact for the rest of the week Shayne asked to go back camping! Thanks for a great time McKay family. :)
Payton in the front pack... he didn't wanna be put down at all.

This was Gabe's dirty face after I'd washed it like 100 times.


Here's Shayne's face in the cleaner stage. Right after

this she got sooo dirty that you could hardly see her face

under the dirt. We would just laugh anytime we looked
at her it was such a funny sight.

All the dirty little kids... they had alot of fun!!

Here's Noelle and Travis taking down the tents.

They did most of the work thanks to my whiney Payton.

Thanks again guys!

4 comments:

Mike&JenFamily said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I can remember trying to camp in Utah and it always seems like everybody else has the same idea but always got there before us....kind of weird how that happens, huh?!! I was thinking about you yesterday but never got around to calling you. Hope all is well and we will see in a few days. Love Ya!!

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

I just love camping...we went camping also. I have learned to just except the fact that they will be covered from head to toe in dirt. Your kids looked like they were in their element. How fun!!!

ksreynolds said...

Sweet! You finally got to go camping. Well instead of just dirt all over my kids they had cow poop all over there pants and shoes and kelton kept triping and landing in it. You know kelly we have to camp in tim-buck-two were there is not a person in site but range cows. But we did have lots of fun!

Athack77 said...

You're a good mother. I've never takin' my kids camping by myself before. You deserve a big fat medal and 10K!!