Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sleeping Angels

Ever since Payton was born he slept like this. He was a itty bitty baby and still he slept with his mouth wide open, usually drooling, alot. Matt says he sleeps like me, but I don't think so (actually truth be told, Matt has a picture of me sleeping exactly like that on the couch with one of the babies... shhh.)

We even pray in our sleep at our house... ha. He doesn't always sleep like that but it was funny to catch the pose. He sure does look peaceful though.


This picture is what started all the picture taking. When we put the kids to bed at night we usually seperate them by putting one of them on our bed till we come up and move them. Well, this night I came upstairs and saw my baby girl asleep on my bed, and there was something about her that caught my eye. The picture didn't even do the moment justice, but it was just a moment of awe. I was so struck with this little angel asleep on my bed that I didn't want to lose the feelings of love I felt, not only for her but for my other two angels as well. So I tiptoed over each of them as they slept and snapped a photo. By the time I got to the boys however, they as usual, made me laugh. Payton with his mouth WIDE open and Gabe somehow capturing a bit of his personality even as he slept. There is just something about seeing your children asleep that allows you to fall in love with them over and over each night.




1 comment:

Julie said...

With so much going on I have'nt been on anybody's blog in sooo long. Oh Laurel, I just love your kids. I want to just grab them out of the pictures and squeeze them! You really are blessed, and so are they, your an amazing mom!