Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shayne's First Day of School


You know, before I had kids I'd hear mothers getting all emotional about their kids starting school or crossing another milestone and I always thought "what's the big deal?" Well, I've officially eaten my own words. I'm such a sappy mom!! Its taken me forever to get her into preschool in the first place. Part of it was all the moving we've done and then we got on the waiting list here... but mostly I just wasn't ready for her to grow up and leave. I know, I'm ridiculous, after all, "what's the big deal!?"
Yesterday she started her preschool class and it was hard for me to leave her. I have a hard time seeing her get so big. I want her to stay little forever. Matt talks about her going to her high school prom, and dating, and eventually getting married and I wanna slug him for it. I don't know what it is about my Shayne but I think I'll be one of those pathetic moms for every milestone she reaches. I love you Shayne!






1 comment:

Julie said...

I cant believe it either, but then you saw my post of Meg through elementary school, its just crazy, it does not seem possible that time goes by and they grow up....