Thursday, January 22, 2009

Only a month late! And an update.

So I am finally getting pictures of Christmas put on here, and just shy of a month late. (I still have no idea why I can't put slides on here either!) I have a few more pics on my old camera that are stored on the camera memory since I lost my memory card. I'll go thru those and see what I wanna post. (since it is a month or so late)

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/laurelhiett/

As for things around here... Last Friday my sister came up north from central Utah. Then on Saturday my other two sisters came down from Magna, and Bountiful and we all hung out. It was a great day, and I had so much fun hanging out with everyone. When my sister Kayleen headed back south, Saturday night, she offered to take Gabriel with her for a day or two. I was really hesitant but how can you say no when your little two year old is begging "please let me go, mommy!" (he seems much older than two!) So I finally agreed and he didn't even shed a tear. He told me that I had to stay home and that he was going to his Aunt Kayleen's house. He went and was fine. She said he asked about all of us several times but was always ok with it when she told him we were still home. Well, I went to pick him up Monday and he still didn't want to come home! Needless to say he didn't have a choice and he was just fine once we finally left there. I just can't believe how grown up he is for being only two. He already says and does things that most 4 and 5 year olds don't say or do. Oh that reminds me! About 3 or 4 weeks ago we decided to take the kids to McDonalds for dinner. (UGH!) Well, they have to eat their meals first then they can play. Eating was quite a task, as always, but we finally were able to release them to the play area. Not long after being in there I noticed these two boys picking on Shayne. One of them had a fake worm or snake (I would've guessed that he was 5 or 6) and the other had a fake cockroach or beatle of some sort(he seemed about 4 or 5). They were chasing Shayne all around with these bugs and making her scream. At first it was ok and she was playing along but they wouldn't stop and she couldn't escape their teasing. She came to me once and hid behind me and they stopped for a minute, until she was running around again. I noticed that the boys' parents were sitting on the other side of the room and that they were laughing at the scene. I was starting to get irritated when around the corner with his fists balled came Gabriel. He had his "mean face" on and he was yelling "you leave my sister alone!!" The boys immediately went running in opposite directions! Matt and I stared at each other then back at Gabe several times before I finally put my hand up for a high five to my husband. We both laughed and talked on the way home about the incedent and imagined ahead to the future when Shayne is in High School and the boys still won't leave her alone... If we're lucky she'll still have a little (big) brother that will defend her!
Let's see other than that there is nothing much going on at our house. We plan to take a trip to Idaho Falls soon to see Matt's mom since we missed her for the holidays. So, anyone in the neighborhood up there that would like to get together let me know.

4 comments:

Athack77 said...

I wish Conner was more like that. If someone was bugging Croydon, he won't get involved. What a sweet big brother!

The Price Family said...

When are you coming? Did you get my other comment?

ksreynolds said...

That is so cute. I agree he does act a lot older than his age. Dason is the same everyone thinks he is 4 and he is 3. Hated nursry at church but loves sunbeans says nursrey for babies.

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

The pictures are so cute. I love the protective "little" brother. I would not change that at all. Those big boys sound like that need a woopin from Gabe.