Thursday, January 29, 2009

Never a Dull Moment!!

Okay, so I think I'm writing this post in the hopes that I get lots of responses telling me that my life is pretty normal...
I've decided that before this life when we were signing up for what we'd have here I appearantly said "I want a life that never has ANY dull moments." Cause I'm pretty sure that little wish was granted. The last few days Matt has been out of town on business and since he left its been utter chaos (more than usual). Two days ago I was really cold and I decided despite my instructions from my husband I was gonna turn the heat up. Only when I looked at the thermostat I realized why I was cold. The temp was set at 70 and the house temp read at just below about 65. I turned it up and could hear it turn on downstairs but it wasn't blowing anything. Long story short I tried to look at it but have no idea what to even look for. Keep in mind that this would HAVE to all happen right at dinnertime! So I stopped messing with the heat and got the kids some food, which meant a battle over what I'd fixed and whether it would be eaten or not (mostly by my two year old). In the meantime Matt had called the Landlord and he contacted the "fixers" who called me... Only to tell me that they couldn't make it till morning. So I left the dinner mess and frantically started to plan for a night of cold with three small kids. Our sweet home teacher came over and took a look to see if it was anything he could see and when he couldn't figure it out either he loaned us his two space heaters (since I couldn't find ours). That night I turned the bottom bunk, which is a full bed, into a tent by hanging quilts from the top bunk. Shayne and Gabe watched movies in there for the remainder of the evening till bedtime and we just all 4 camped out in one bedroom for the night. The kids thought it was great, in fact when I put them to bed last night they wanted to do it again. (no way) The following day was not very productive. The hvac guy didn't come until after 5 yesterday evening making it over 24hours without our heat. I was pretty annoyed. Once the heat was back on I could crawl out from under the layers of blankets that I'd been dwelling under all day and decided to clean the disaster of a kitchen. But when I started the water in the kitchen sink it wouldn't get hot!! Luke warm is even a stretch for the temp it finally turned. So here I sit now a few days past the need to shower, in a messy house, with kids who are constantly fighting. I hope this is what I signed up for when I signed the mommy contract... tell me I'm normal (or tell me if I'm not I think I can take it...)

2 comments:

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

Perfectly normal...you are stressing way to much. I have actually had the same experience, but my water heater was out as well. Your doing great. Just think in a couple of days you might be able to laugh about all that happened. Plus, your kids think your really cool.

ksreynolds said...

I really can't help but laugh although it sucks to be cold in your own house. That sounds like something I would do for sure thinking yea what ever I can turn the heat up if I want to. Everything allways seems to go wrong when your hunsband is gone! I think it just reasures us that we really need them around.. love ya