Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a life...

Ok, so I thought I was back before and then I wasn't. We finally got the Internet thing worked out at our house so I can get on and post on my blog now. However, it may be a week or so before I'm back in full swing. Allow me to explain the chaos in my life lately.
We went out to California for Thanksgiving and brought back all the rest of my belongings from when I lived there and on the way home I got in a car accident... UGGH!! So far all I can say is that I'm very grateful that we're all ok. I had Shayne and Payton with me and Gabe was with Matt in the moving truck. We'd split up so I could drop off a package for my cousin in Kearns, UT so Matt had gone ahead towards home. Well, I dropped off the package and was leaving the neighborhood when a car full of teenagers came speeding toward me. They had lost control of their car on the corner and they "fish-tailed" until they collided with my car! It was probably the scariest thing I've ever been through. Our car spun till we faced the opposite direction that we'd been coming and stopped. The airbags deployed and the kids were screaming! They were so scared! Now here's the kicker, at least 3 of the 5 teens in the other car got out and fled the scene. I was hurt bad enough that I couldn't move to even get to my kids and I was naive enough to think they were running to get help. This was not the case. The police later tracked them down and they were arrested.
As for us, nothing was broken and we were all very lucky, very sore but very lucky. I was in so much pain when we first crashed that I couldn't move. I was so sure that my back or hips were broken. It was pain to rival childbirth for sure! It turned out to be badly strained muscles thank goodness but the first 24 hours were a trial. Other than that I only suffered bad bruises and bumps. Shayne and Payton also only had bruises and bumps which was so fortunate. They were my greatest concern and I couldn't even get to them to make sure they were ok or to comfort them. The car is totalled we're quite sure, though we haven't heard from the claims adjuster yet. Overall, like I said before, we were so blessed. It was an eye opening experience and all week I've been so grateful to be able to hold my kids every day.
As for my house... well, we unloaded the moving truck and I've slowly been trying to go through boxes of things as much as my poor body will allow. So it is quite a mess here and I'm so eager to get things back in order, at least as much as possible, so that life can go on. I have pictures from halloween, fall, some from Thanksgiving, and now from the accident (for those curious) to post. My goal is to get all caught up with everything by Christmas... so wish me luck!

3 comments:

ksreynolds said...

laurel you poor thing, I'm glad you guys are all ok!! Hope you and the kids are feeling better soon...
I was wondering how you were doing?Moving in itself is a lot of work. Hope things slow down a little for you and you can enjoy chirstmas.

Athack77 said...

I've been trying to get ahold of you so I can help take care of you. Why don't you guys come stay with me for a few days so you can recoperate some more? I'm sorry it's been hard, please let me help. Call me!!

The Price Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Thats one thing that I'm deathly afraid of is car accidents with kids. I'm happy to hear you are all okay.