Friday, April 11, 2008

PRECIOUS MOMENT

This little story began this last Tuesday. I was clearing the table when I dropped Shayne's sippy cup and the lid popped off spilling orange juice on the floor. I was clearly distressed and my sweet little Gabriel noticed. He offered his help by taking the bib off the back of his chair and using it to wipe up the juice. I was so touched that I didn't mind the bib now dripping with orange juice. Two days later I was dealing with a sick 5 month old at the absolute peak of chaos in my day (a.k.a. dinnertime). I left my browning hamburger to get Payton from the couch where he was fussing. I had just barely picked him up when he threw up all over me, himself, and the floor. I was expecting a couple brethren from church to show up at any moment to give Payton a blessing so I hurried in to change my clothes and his. As I rushed out to check the now extra brown hamburger, I noticed Gabe walking toward the puddle on the floor that I hadn't cleaned yet. I quickly stopped him and explained that it was "yucky" and momma was gonna clean it up, then hurried in to rescue dinner. As I came back around the corner there was that same orange stained bib on the floor next to a sloppily scrubbed, puddle of baby throw up on the floor.
Yet again, my cup runneth over.

4 comments:

Athack77 said...

I'm so glad you wrote this down. Sometimes when our life is crazy the Lord lets us know he's in charge. What a sweet boy! My kids should take lessons.

Mike&JenFamily said...

I love that little STINKER Gabe!! Thank's so much for sharing that. You are a great inspiration to me and such a wonderful mommy, the Lord will bless you for that. Miss & Love Ya!!

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

So how cute is that!!!!!! Isn't crazy how one minute you just want to pull your hair out and then the next something so cute happens. Then all you can do is just smile and remeber how precious they are....Too Cute!!!

Julie said...

I love him!! I'm so glad I can see these pictures, I just can't wait to love them to death! They won't like me much!