Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Special place in heaven...

If there is a special place in Heaven for people that really go out of there way to help others, I have a long list of names I'd like to nominate for a spot in that place. I'd like to take a quick minute and name a couple of those in particular.
First is my cousin, Angela. When I was in a rut and trying to find direction, Angie came to the rescue. She opened her home and her heart to my three kids and I. She helped clean up throw up and sat out on the balcony at 2am with a fevered child, she sang songs and read stories, gave baths and hugs. She has been a great friend as well as an amazing and supportive part of my family. I love you Angie!
Next are two people who have gone way above my expectations for friends. Julie and Camille are angels here on earth. It takes a special kind of person to look at a situation like mine and see an opportunity for growth and love rather than a lot of work. Not
only have these two special women taken me under their wing but they have pooled all their resources to help me and my children in anyway possible, and still they seek to do more. All the while they tell me that its their pleasure. I love you both so much!
Its a very humbling feeling to be in a place in life where you are so very dependant on others. I pray that with faith and God on our side, we'll make it to a place where we can stand on our own and be able to pay forward all the wonderful things that people have done to bless our lives.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Laurel I love you and your kids so so much! You make me so happy! I AM blessed.

Wendy said...

Thanks Laurel for letting Julie help you....you have given my sister a renewed sense of self and have breathed new life into her...she truly loves your cute little family.
Wendy

Athack77 said...

People don't mind helping you out because they know you'd do the same for them. "In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethern, ye have done it unto me.." To know you is to love you!!