Friday, May 30, 2008

ICE CREAM!!

Lately, I have been struggling with little, everyday battles with Shayne. It was getting to a serious point of frustration. When I talked to my mom about it she reminded me of the importance of positive affirmation and suggested a chart and stickers to keep track of her good and bad choices. I really didn't want to encourage the bad choices by allowing stickers for that so we came up with just the "Good Choice Chart". We went last weekend to the dollar store and got lots of stickers and some poster board. Then I went to work and made the chart. There were 5 rows of boxes on it with 10 boxes in each row. At the 10th box in each row I outlined the box and Shayne and I came up with 5 prizes or goals that she could work towards. The first one was to go to ice cream. She made 10 good choices this week to get to go to ice cream and she's been so excited about it. And of course her brothers were pretty excited too, they got to benefit from it as well.



















3 comments:

MegaMonster said...

how cute!
i love them.
all three.
my mom told me you guys went out and got icecream. for some reason it didn't pop in my head that i'm sure gabe got it everywhere.
ha ha. he's the best.
miss you guys.
p.s
you better not be gone when i get back!

Julie said...

The looks on everyone's faces when they saw gabe was priceless, he knows how to enjoy his ice cream! and shayne is doing such a good job! way to go shayne.....

Athack77 said...

See what a good mother you are!! Make sue to give yourself rewards too! When are you gonna come visit us?